Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I'm going to bartending school. It's a week-long course. Job placement assistance, refresher courses, etc. I wonder how hard it is to land a job as a bartender, though, with no practical experience. Well, for a 30-something guy.

I think I'm going to hit google groups and ask what the outlook is. If craigslist.org shows that every job requires five years worth of experience, I won't even bother. [update: Doesn't look good. - editor]

Taking a break from all ...uh ...recreational activities until I pull together the money to do this. I've also gone on the ramen diet. Being a vegetarian really is cheaper if you don't mind pasta and rice all the time. Thankfully, I can tolerate the former and I really like the latter.

Ella commented the other day that cleaning the room also clears the head and it's very true. So that's what I'm doing. Ripping this apartment a new asshole. Then working on the OpenHaus.us API. Then god knows what.

Recently: Swift 3D, Tokyo Plastic, The Gorillaz, Sean Paul, Sesame and Ginger rice mix, Zinn's Voices of A People's History of the United States, Britta water, a three-dollar daffodil plant and popcorn. A whole lot of popcorn.

No comments: