Saturday, January 08, 2005

A few years ago I was coming home from work and cycled past a large public fountain. It was overflowing with suds. Figure about the same surface area as your average middle-class family pool and two feet high, suds.

I figured "What the hell?" and climbed in. About a half-dozen people eventually got in and had a really good suds fight. I'm not making this up.

As I was talking to one of the guys observing, I asked if he knew how this had happened. Kind of reluctantly, after checking to make sure I wasn't a cop, he admitted:

"A year go my daughter decided to fill this fountain with five gallons of dishwashing soap as a prank. The next day she got into a car accident and died."

A guy nearby mentioned that he'd heard of the crash the father was referring to.

"So I came back this year to do it again."

True story.

No comments: