Sunday, May 01, 2005

Well, this is a big post. [clears throat]

I'm going to cycle around the planet. Yes, you heard that right -- the guy who comes up with plenty of easy tasks that he never completes ... actually uh, he thinks he's going to pedal his ass around the globe.

I have been looking into the idea of doing a fundraiser for Oxfam America, a group that works on things like fairness in global trade, human rights and offering solutions to the constant threat of war around the world. You may have heard their name in association with the tsunami relief efforts. Oxfam generated $30 million for the recovery.

My goal is to raise $250,000 in the next year. I realize it's ambitious. Just look at the math.

Anyway, I've set up a website for the effort. I've spent a few weeks adding the distances, crunching the numbers, matching dates to global seasons and I think I can make this work.

No comments: