Sunday, May 29, 2005

Tom DeLay is fighting mad.

The controversy centers around Wednesday's episode [of Law & Order] in which a police officer investigating a murder of a federal judge suggested putting out an all points bulletin for "somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."

"This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse," DeLay wrote in a letter to NBC President Jeff Zucker.


Read that two or three times. I can't even reword it to make it more absurd.

A great disservice to public discourse.

A great disservice to public discourse.

How does it have any impact what so fucking ever on public discourse, nevermind negative...? But wait, there's more. Tom elaborates:

"I can only assume last night's slur..."

A slur. Oh my. See, when I think "slur," I think "kike." I think "nigger." I don't think "t-shirt." But hey, that's just me.

"...was in response to comments I have made in the past about the need for Congress to closely monitor the federal judiciary, as prescribed in our constitutional system of checks and balances."

Wow, talk about desperation!

Tom DeLay wants to talk about something, anything but his connection to ethics scandals including, but not limited to, failing to report "$500,000 in corporate money funneled into Texas campaigns during the pivotal 2002 elections." These aren't allegations. The treasurer was found guilty on Friday.

No comments: