Sunday, March 13, 2005

Long story short, the position is for a startup Providence newspaper. I don't know how public the project is, so I'll leave it at that. The paper will be concentrating on public issues like potholes, public school drop-out rates, etc. Exactly my sort of thing. Public interest stories combined with a bit of an investigative streak and real, honest-to-god funding.

Had an impromptu 30 minute (ish) interview over the phone today. He focused almost immediately with an inability of the Providence media to tackle certain issues which dovetails nicely with my thoughts on mainstream media. Then he started talking about plugging books, namely Zinn's latest. Of course I'm reading it.

It would require that I travel to the office in Providence once a week, which I can handle. Twenty hours per week.

I think I stand a better-than-even chance of getting this.

No comments: