Saturday, February 19, 2005

Met a very interesting guy today. About seventy, though you'd never guess it by looking at him. Turns out he's a former MIT student, doctor and former college professor. Apparently he taught at the school my boss went to, so we're not talking about a guy who is talking out his butt. At the very least, Doc has the credentials he claims to have. We had a nice chat about exploring blood by aspirating it, torching the spray then analyzing the spectrum.

We get on the subject of triglycerides. He tells me that B12 cures cancer. Explained how, too. Massive doses. On the order of 2,000x the RDA but specifics depend on BMI. Also tells me that MIT is doing work on it. He pointed out that when a relative of his was sick and about to undergo chemo, he mentioned it to the doctor, but that hospital didn't offer the treatment. "Where could [the relative] get this treatment?" "Canada," was the reply.

Doc tells me that they don't allow the treatment to go mainstream because there is no money to be made. B12 occurs naturally. You can't patent something that occurs naturally. Which is why drug companies are always trying to synthesize something and never show interest in natural remedies. Plenty of money to be made in chemo, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a homeopathic practitioner by any stretch.

Then, just by raw coincidence, he started talking about leg circulation. I have DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and it's hit twice, both times just by having my leg in a cramped position for too long. He tells me that Beth Israel was doing this series of test trials about three years back which involved injecting "good" DNA into the leg. Turns out that the blood pathways will reform/reroute based on the new DNA. He also told me that it was quite successful and that they might be looking for volunteers with DVT issues like mine.

Interesting, the twist, turns and random-yet-stunningly-relevant things that can happen to you on any given day.

No comments: