Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So this morning I'm at the North Station Green Line inbound and the announcer is yak yak yak but I've got Regina Spektor on the phones. Something about the Orange Line being fuxx0red.

I get to work and Ella tells me Boston is paralized due to "suspicious packages" being found all over Boston. She rattles off the locations, I know them all.

Later we catch a screenshot of one of the objects being removed.



Ella: Hey, look, it's a Mooninite.
Me: Holy crap you're right...

So amidst the sirens that have been screaming past my window all day long, we find out that this is an advertising campaign gone horribly, horribly wrong. Even better, this is happening all over the country.

And so Ella sends me this:

"I hope you can see this, Boston, because I'm doing it as hard as I can."


Which reminds me...

I'm an entropy fan, when I first heard of entropy in high school science I was attracted to it immediately. When they told me that in nature all systems are breaking down, I thought what a good thing, what a good thing, perhaps I can make some small contribution in this area myself.

     George Carlin ("Jammin' in NY")

[update] Christ, I really wish I was on that bomb disposal crew.



...because I would have just died laughing.

No comments: