Thursday, December 29, 2005

Still very, very sick.

I have lots of personal stuff to talk about but none of it is interesting to anyone but me.

On a political note, Bush has managed to turn the NSA spying thing into a political war. That tact works so well for him. What I can't seem to get my head around is how Republicans can be for this. Not NSA wiretaps per se, even I'm for them provided that they're used against bona fide terrorists with a warrant. I'm talking about warrantless taps. That should scare conservatives silly.

I went through some old newsgroups posts. Conservatives were screaming about attempts by Clinton to expand wiretapping capability legally.

What I wonder is how likely (or unlikely?) is it that terrorists weren't the only ones on that list?

I could go on for hours about this subject. I won't. I'm going to bed.

No comments: