Saturday, August 07, 2004

Guess what time it is kids? That's right, it's happy fun review time! So get yourself a nice, steaming cup of STFU, ecoute et repete!

Knights of the Old Republic
"Best franchise game so far." "Amazing." "Game of the Year material." Please. This isn't the second coming of Christ. This isn't even Phoebe Cates finally showing up at your door buck naked like you've been asking Santa for since you were eleven. This is your standard run-around-and-solve-simple-"find-stuff-quests" and menu-fight RPG. If that's your thing, great. If it isn't, don't think this game is anything but a (admittedly well-done) RPG.

The Day After Tomorrow
All movies, at their most fundamental, can be judged on one criteria; whether or not you care about what happens for the duration. Acting, script, direction -- all just subsets of this one core rule. in that single regard I can say the movie delivered. Hokey, yes. Overblown, yes. But I was rooting for the alive people to stay that way and that, to me, is worth approx. two hours of my life. Barely.

----

I am a scant 2-4 weeks away from paying all the moving violation fines that stand between me and a license I haven't had in ten (yes, count 'em, ten) years.

w00t for me.

</long rant redacted>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you wanna buy my old car? 500 bucks, you do the tranny work. Eh? Eh? ~Thisbe