Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"Actually, ma'am, we sh*t ourselves."

     • A pilot -- shot down and hot evaced under fire on the wing of an Apache going 120mph and no helmet -- replying to a CNN's reporters question on what military training instincts kicked in while his aircraft avionics, instrumentation and control surface was being liberally perforated by two fixed heavy machine gun positions and small arms fire (paraphrased)

I'm not making fun of these guys at all. I think it takes a lot of courage for someone in the military to admit blind fear on CNN.

Seriously, listen to these guys. "This is my first tour, ma'am, and I ain't never been shot at before today."

Yipes. That's a fine-how-do-you-do...

So anyway, there is a local skunk that makes the rounds, minds its own business and doesn't spray such that some locals don't even know it exists. I know the skunk exists because I've seen it myself.

Well today there was this little baby skunk walking the same path. And I didn't have my camera. *wince

Oh, almost forgot; don't do what Donny Don't does.

No comments: