Saturday, October 23, 2004

So it's post-game and Chris and I are kind of just looking for something to do, we settle on Saturday Night Live. A few weird skits then Ashlee Simpson comes on for the live act. I kind of grumble to myself and fondle the remote but I already know that there isn't anything else on. What the hell, I'll watch Ashlee Simpson.

The song starts, she's doing this stupid dance ...and then her vocals begin.

Her mouth is nowhere near the mic, her lips aren't moving and she is still doing that whole "dancing my way up to the mic" part of the song.

I'm not kidding.

Completely busted.

She half laughs, half continues dancing and eventually makes her way off the stage, completely embarrased and doesn't return when she actually should have started faking it.

Really glad I didn't change the channel.

In fact I feel really dirty blogging about Ashlee Simpson. Big apologies upfront for being an elitist but music doesn't get any more banal and soulless than this.

On an entirely different issue, assuming Ella didn't strangle anyone with their own spinal cord, she is officially in the Guinness Book of World Records for most consecutive Rocky Horror Picture Shows in a row (13).

Congrats, gorgeous. =)

PS: Ashlee just did the closing credits for SNL and she claimed that her band started playing the wrong song. ... How that explains her voice is beyond me. Perhaps she figures she can take advantage of the mean IQ of her demographic.

No comments: