Friday, March 09, 2007

Newt Gingrich doesn't see himself as a hypocrite for leading the Republican mob against Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal while engaging in an extramarital affair at the same time.

"The president of the United States got in trouble for committing a felony in front of a sitting federal judge," the former Georgia congressman said of Clinton's 1998 House impeachment on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. "I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."

OK, I get it. Man's laws are sacrosanct. God's laws ...eh, not so much...

No comments: