Thursday, August 17, 2006

Had a long talk with my mother last night. The call was completely positive ...which is odd in it's own right. She still says things that I consider completely bizarre but it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

For example, my mother won't listen to non-Christian music (says she finds it psychically draining), she thinks Ann Coulter is a good thing, etc. The mind-blower of the evening, however, was the revelation that in the late 60's & early 70's she was a feminist.

Huh.

Whatever. We didn't argue. She still went on a tear about god but that's ok. It's her life. She's entitled to waste it however she likes. She expressed bafflement at the arrogance of atheism but when I explained that I'm an atheist toward her god in the same way she's atheist toward unicorns, that seemed to sink in.

Anyway, here's a picture of my new "office."



I'm the guy who ships everything. Yes I have to commute three hours per day. Yes I'm getting paid less. But I get to work with Ella, I have weekends off (SCUL, Rocky, parties), I'm in Harvard Square daily and there's plenty of room to move up here.

And speaking of religion, here's another faith-based program that doesn't work worth a shit.

No comments: